It’s trending, and for good reason.
What is it? Flexible, off-grid adventure travel without the compromise that comes with the discomforts of car camping or the burden of a fifth-wheel rig. It is the perfect medium to seek out new experiences and curate meaningful memories.
But the truth is, buying a new up-fitted van for $150k is out of reach for most of us. Committing to building your own, without experience or the know-how, can be equally daunting.
What about renting one?
Thought about it? Good, because you’ve come to the right place. Whether you’re looking to sample the Van life experience before fully investing in your own, or simply an alternative to a RV/Motorhome rental that screams “Hey, we’re TOURISTS!”
Your Steed. The Canavan is a 2016 Mercedes Benz Sprinter equipped with winter tires and a four cylinder engine, safe & economical. Unlike large travel trailers or buses, the van fits in a standard parking stall, and has a surprisingly narrow turn radius, making it easy to handle and navigate urban terrain. The two heated front seats come complete with lumbar and several other customizable settings to ensure comfort on long lets-just-get-it-over-with drives. The panoramic front window promotes the view ahead, with the rear view camera assisting with behind. The van is a real treat to drive, enjoyable to live in, and all round exceptional travel companion.
Interior amenities include:
- Plush full-size memory foam mattress with full sheet set and feather duvet
- Diesel fired heater with thermostat
- Swivel captains’ passenger seat, allowing comfortable seating of 3-4 people when stopped
- 200 amp-hour solar charged battery bank with energy efficient fixtures & appliances – avoid the noisy RV park without the need to plug in
- Concealed, but conveniently accessible Porta Potty. (#1 only).
The spacious kitchen is the ultimate creative outlet for a foodie. So. Much. Counter. Space. Pull up to a vista, slide open the door and get inspired.
- 4.9 CuFt Fridge with freezer compartment
- Deep sink with 80 litres of fresh water capacity
- 3 burner gas range with 21” oven
- Rain-sensing, multi-speed fan for ventilation
- Food prep & dining tableware. Pots, pans, dishes, cutlery – everything needed to create and enjoy a fine meal
- Ninja Blender & Sodastream
And for the adventurous spirits, the Canavan’s garage welcomes
- Two, full sized Enduro-style mountain bikes (XL Frame or smaller)
- Five pairs of skis, poles
- Two surfboards (6’2” or under – roof top storage an option for longer boards)
- Climbing equipment rack
- Room for 700 shoes (but how many do you really need)
- Additional storage in the roof box for camping gear, inflatable paddle board
And if any of the gear will help you enjoy your travels, it can be available for rent at a reasonable cost.
The van is primarily located in Calgary, Alberta, but please inquire as delivery/one-way trips can be accomodated!
Pricing and booking availability
Click HERE to view the RVezy listing. Prices are in Canadian dollars (Earn USD? What a deaaaal!). You can send messages directly through the platform – look forward to hearing from you!